Are you wondering what the “…” are for? Becuase this saga is still not over.
I had my colonoscopy a few weeks ago. I guess since I am young, fairly active and have regular BM’s (as my great-grandma would say) (and I know TMI) the prep was not as horrendous as I was expecting. The worst thing was that my procedure was on Monday morning and I could not eat solids after Saturday night! That Sunday was a looooong day for both me and my husband The staff at the hospital was great! All things considering, it was a really good experience.
Last week I had my follow up with the GI doctor. He said my colon was “pristine!” and all of my biopsies and blood work came back normal. That is good news. He said the next step is to have a CT scan of my lower abdomen and pelvic and have a HIDA scan to look at my gull bladder. I have to give it to him, he is very thorough. He ended my visit by telling me he is convinced I have endo but he doesn’t want to assume and not miss anything. Thankfully I work for the hospital and have really good insurance so I’m cool with that. He also said he doesn’t want to have me suffering with the pain so in the meantime he wants me to try 2 other medications. These are supposed to help reduce the pain without all of the side effects (make me feel like a space cadet) that come with the narcotics (what my GYN gave me).
So I just scheduled my next 2 scans for the first week in March. I will have a follow up with him after that. After that visit I will let you guys know how I’m doing.
- They gave me propafal (sp?) the AKA Michael Jackson drug for the colonoscopy.
- When I woke up I was SOOOO giddy, I felt tipsy and very happy! I’m sure the nurses won’t forget me!
- I got a terrible cold the week of my colonoscoy, missed 3 days from work, and fell off my workout schedule.
- My running buddies are no longer my running buddies due to one being preggers and the other recovering from surgery herself.
- Since I am off my bandwagon, and I plan on increasing my volunteer work next month, I have decided to table the 5K all together.